Your Orlando, Central Florida Home Buying Resource
When it comes to complete and open access to search for homes for sale here in Orlando, Central Florida and area information , I will never hold you hostage by first demanding your name and email address to use this site's home buying resources. As you search the Orlando homes for sale, consider all the area has to offer, as well. I have composed a comprehensive list of the Orlando, Central Florida services, attractions and more for your convenience.
Local Parks and Recreation Facilities in Orlando, Central Florida
If you are searching Orlando properties, you may have associated theme parks with the area, but there are many parks and recreational facilities to enjoy in the Central Florida area as well. The Orlando Recreation Division’s goal is to “meet the recreational interests and needs of the growing community, while providing high quality service.” Available for the fun of families include:
• 4 Parks • 22 Recreation Facilities • 11 Pools • 2 Senior Recreation Centers • 7 After-school All-Star Centers • 61 Athletic Fields • 57 Tennis Courts • 4 Special Facilities • 2 Tracks • 4 Racquetball Courts • 289 Adult Athletic Teams • 137 Youth Athletic Teams • Cultural Arts Program • Orlando Skateboard Park
Tremendous Orlando Area Golf Courses
For the part-time or avid golfer, there are many courses offered in Orlando and the Central Florida area. There are approximately 150 courses for any skill level to enjoy. Those requiring a challenging course will enjoy the prestigious semi-private Bay Hill Club (included in the PGA tour since 1979) or the North-South course at Grand Cypress Villas, which is a Jack Nicklaus design. There are also plenty of mini-golf courses for those youngest golfers to enjoy as well. An expert Orlando real estate agent can help you find what you are looking for.
Water Sports Including Lakes, and Boating Facilities for the Orlando Area
On a warm day, there is nothing better than getting outside and enjoying some fabulous Florida sun. One way to pass the time is by visiting the lakes in the Orlando, Central Florida area and partaking in some water recreation. What you’ll find in the Orlando area includes:
For Boating: • Butler Chain of Lakes – has a public boat ramp (in SW Orange County) • Conway Chain of Lakes – has its own boat ramp (in SE Orange County, Orlando – close to the airport) • Moss Park – has 2 boat ramps (SE Orange County, Orlando – south of the airport) • St. John’s River – has boat ramp near St. John’s River Bridge in Sanford (NE Seminole County, Sanford) • Winter Park Chain of Lakes – need permit to launch a boat, call ahead (NW Orange County, Winter Park)
For Canoeing: • Blue Springs State Park – has access to St. John’s River (Volusia County, NW) • Wekiva River 7 Rock Springs Run – launch canoe at King’s Landing, also has picnicking and swimming (NW Orange County) • Econlockhatchee River – 19 mile canoe trail (SE Orange County)
For Fishing, with a required Fishing License for anyone over 16: • Lake Tohopekaliga – bait and tackle store, boat rentals, freshwater fishing (Oseola County, SE) • Lake Kissimmee – Great for Bass, Bluegill, Red-ear Sunfish and Large-mouth Bass (Oseola County, SE) • Lake Monroe – 9400 acre lake with crappie, bluegill, large mouth bass and more (Seminole and Volusia Counties, NE) • Sebastion Inlet – saltwater fishing for grouper, bluefish, redfish, snook and Spanish Mackeral (Volusia County, SE)
• Grand Cypress Equestrian Center • Sandhill Stables • Southern Cross Stables • Trademark Equestrian Center
Many people staying at resorts or living in communities will find tennis facilities available, but those looking for public centers are in luck. The Orlando area offers the following tennis facilities:
• Fort Gatlin Park • Lake Cane Tennis Center • Orlando Tennis Center • Winter Park Tennis Center
Wonderful Worlds of Shopping Await in Orlando
Those considering a move to Orlando or looking for Orlando real estate, will be pleased to know there is an abundance of shopping opportunities in Orlando, Central Florida. From Boutiques and themed stores to shopping malls, outlet malls and flea markets, there is something for everyone. Some of the best places include:
• Altamonte Mall – lots of specialty shops, department stores and restaurants • Belz Festival Bay Mall – 1,000,000 square foot retail and entertainment center • Florida Mall – 270 stores and restaurants • Lake Buena Vista Factory Shops – Designer and brand name shops and1 restaurants • Mall at Millenia – 150 fantastic shops and restaurants, includes Macy’s, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdale’s, Chanel, Gucci and many more • Osceola Square Mall – enclosed mall with over 50 specialty shops, movie theaters and eateries at a food court • Oveido Marketplace – Brand new mall • Orlando Premium Outlets – 150 stores of brand name designers including Dior, Coach, Burberry and more • Prime Designer Outlet Center – over 40 stores including Izod, Geoffrey Beene and more • Prime Outlets International – over 125 designer stores including Ann Taylor Factory Store, Nike Factory Store, Gymboree and many more • Seminole Towne Center – over 120 specialty shops and department stores including Dillard’s, JCPenney's, Sears and Burdine’s • 192 Flea Market – over 400 dealer booth • Maingate Flea Market – fully air-conditioned indoor flea market • Sanford Flea World – over 1,700 vendors (America’s largest) • Visitors Flea Market – over 250 booths
Orlando Real Estate Comes With Plenty of Surrounding Entertainment
If you are searching the Orlando MLS for a great piece of Orlando real estate, you will find that realty is not the only thing available in Central Florida, but there are plenty of events and attractions there too. If you are considering a move to Central Florida, here are a few of the fun things you can do:
• Walt Disney World • Universal Studios • Busch Gardens • Sea World • Gatorland • The Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue • Blue Man Group • SkyVenture Orlando • SAK Comedy Lab • Richard Petty Driving Experience • Wet n’ Wild • Waterworks • Titanic, the Experience • Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows • House of Blues • Ron Jon’s Surfpark • Funspot Action Park • Hard Rock Live • Point Orlando • Arabian Nights Dinner Theatre • Magical Midway • Pirate’s Dinner Adventure • And so much more
Looking for Cultural Venues in the Orlando Area?
If so, you won’t be disappointed. If you are searching the Orlando homes for sale and enjoy the cultural aspects of life, you will find them in Orlando. Orlando offers some fantastic cultural attractions, including:
• Orlando Ballet • Orlando Opera Company • Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra • Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra • Art Studios • Galleries • And more