This charming town in Orange County, Florida is one of the fastest growing cities in the area, but maintains a “small town” ambiance that makes residents feel right at home. Ocoee is the only city in Central Florida with its own television station, where residents can view from television or from the live Internet feed. With its diversity in population and commerce, this town has an international appeal to anyone wanting to relocate to a growing, thriving community in the Orlando, Fl area.
Owners of property in Ocoee, Florida will enjoy the various activities and events in the town each year. Some of the events offered include:
• Veterans Day - at the gazebo on the Starke Lake shoreline, includes a luncheon
• Memorial Day at Bill Breeze Park – at the gazebo on the Starke Lake shoreline, features guest speakers and a luncheon
• Volunteer Appreciation Dinner – held annually to thank residents who have volunteered time and effort to keep the community a great place for all its citizens
• Black History Month Celebration – held annually each February, includes school essay contests where winners are announced at a special ceremony. African American achievements are also aired on the local TV station
• Thanksgiving Baskets – held annually, essential supplies and food are collected to donate to families, who need a little helping hand at this time of year
• Christmas Dinner – held annually for families in need. City employees volunteer and serve food, play Santa with gifts and toys donated from local businesses, hand out stockings and take photos in order to make this time of year a little bit brighter for those less fortunate.
The Arbor Day Foundation has names Ocoee, FL a “Tree City USA,” which is a distinguishing honor. In order to receive this honor, the community had to have a tree board (or department), a complete community forestry program, a tree care ordinance and an Arbor Day observance and proclamation. Ocoee met all these standards and more, which make it a true nature loving community.
Residents will never be at a loss for something to do while living in Ocoee. The newest park has been completed and includes activities such as:
• Pavilions to rent with power outlets and picnic tables, benches, covered garbage cans, water fountain, dispensers for dog waste bags, and a widened main sidewalk
• Stroll paths along the waterfront
• Lush landscaping
Ocoee offers some of the best schools in Florida with a diverse population and fantastic curriculum. Schools serving the Ocoee area include:
• Citrus Elementary School
• Ocoee Elementary School
• Spring Lake Elementary School
• Thorne Brook Elementary School
• Westbrook Elementary School
• Ocoee Middle School
• Ocoee High School
If you want to live in a town that has it all, but still has that “hometown” feel, then Ocoee is the place for you. No matter if this is your first time buying a home or your 10th, I can help you make it as stress-free as possible. My name is Helen Thompson, an expert Orlando area REALTOR, who can be there step-by-step to answer any question or concern you may have.
Contact me, Helen Thompson, today and we’ll get started on your Ocoee home search, so you can enjoy all the town has to offer as soon as possible.