Charming and Tranquil Winter Park, Florida
Dream of living in the most peaceful setting you can imagine? If so, come to Winter Park and marvel in the brick avenues, historic architecture, beautiful parks, lakes and trails, stunning homes and majestic trees that canopy the streets. Winter Park is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Orlando and approximately an hour from beaches like Cape Canaveral. This centrally planned Florida community really has it all.
Fantastic Area Amenities for Winter Park Residents to Enjoy
Living in the Winter Park area means you have access to an array of opportunities for fun and leisure. From the parks and lakes to the major attractions, there is something for everyone in this area of Florida.
• Winter Park Chain of Lakes (2,781 acres for boating, water skiing, fishing)
• Major attractions (Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, Wet n Wild)
• Central Park (11 acres with a stunning rose garden and relaxing water fountains)
• Ward Park (walking paths, picnic pavilions and a state-of-the-art handicapped-accessible playground)
• Theatres (Enzian Theatre, the Paper Moon Theatre Company, the Annie Russell Theatre, and the Winter Park Playhouse)
• City Festivals (annual Sidewalk Art Festival, Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration, and WLOQ Summer Jazz Concert Series)
• Educational Museums
• Amazing shopping at quaint in-town shops and nearby outlets (Prime Outlets, Orlando Premium Outlets, Millenia Mall)
• Alternate transportation options (Amtrak train station and Lynx Bus Service)
The Best Schools for Winter Park Students
Being a part of the Orange County Public School system means Winter Park has some exceptional schools for students to attend, which include:
• 6 Elementary Schools (Aloma Elementary, Brookshire Elementary, Eastbrook Elementary, Killarney Elementary, Lakemont Elementary, O-TECH Winter Park Technical)
• Glenridge Middle School
• Winter Park 9th Grade Center
• Winter Park High School and Lake Howell High School
• Numerous Private Schools
• Colleges and Universities
o Full Sail University – media production for training in film, video game design, music production, computer animation and more
o Rollins College – Florida’s oldest college with challenging curriculum for liberal arts
o Herzing College – offers Associates and Bachelor’s Degrees
o Valencia Community College – offers AAS/AS Degree and Certificate Programs
Winter Park, an Excellent Florida Community to Call Home
Close enough to experience it all, but far enough to enjoy the peacefulness of this charming and beautiful area of Florida. If you are relocating to the area, but don’t want to be in the hustle and bustle of Orlando, then Winter Park is a great place to search for your new home. My name is Helen Thompson and I am an expert in Orlando area real estate and will assist you through every step of the home buying process.
Contact me today and we’ll get started looking for you a new home in Winter Park that meets all your needs and wants. I’m just a click or call away.